Evaluate the validity of the claim.
- Was the product purchased in the last 24 months?
- Was the product purchased from an authorized dealer?
- Does the damage appear to be attributable to defective materials or workmanship?
- Does the damage appear to be due to impact, abuse, negligence, or reactions to heat?
Bring the product to the store where it was purchased OR call for a Return Authorization (RA) Number.
- Customers should call our Customer Service 714-856-2595.
- Please tell us what you are sending back. (Describe the product.)
- Tell us why you are sending it back. (Describe the problem.)
- Record the RA# and details provided by the Burton Guide for future reference.
Pack and ship the product you want to warranty.
- Include a copy of the original proof of purchase (receipt).
- Include a brief description of the problem and the RA# provided by the Burton Guide.
- Mark the defect clearly with a piece of masking tape.
- Print the RA# clearly on the outside of the box.
Ship the claim to:
SWT Product Service
Attention: Warranty RA#______________
5638 Cielo Way
Hollywood CA, 90028
Customers are responsible for shipping charges to Burton. Overnight and 2-Day shipments to Burton will be returned in the same manner at our expense.
- If a product comes back to us, we first aim to repair it. However, if that’s not possible, your product will be replaced, and it will be recycled or discarded immediately. If the product is replaced, we do work to keep as much material out of the landfill as possible. In 2017 we diverted 60-85% of every board from the landfill by down-cycling them into items like beer sample holders for our local breweries, shelving units, and employee name tags. For softgoods, we save fabric and components in excellent condition to use for future repairs. We are continuously searching for solutions to keep products in use longer, to give materials a second life, and to ultimately recycle those materials into a new life. Please let us know when creating your claim if you would prefer your product to be returned to you instead of replaced and recycled. The warranty remains valid on repaired and replaced items for the balance of one year from the original purchase date.
- If the problem is not covered under warranty nor repairable, the product will be returned as is.
Tips to Better Track Your Warranty Claim
- Don't ship us peanuts. Think Green, they're bad for the environment.
- We recommend using Fed-Ex or UPS and that you insure your package.
- Hold on to your RA. If you have any questions about your claim, call Rider Service and give them you RA number and we'll be happy to update you on the status of your claim.
- Street addresses are required. We cannot return ship to a PO Box.
- If you bought your product on ebay, it doesn't have any warranty.